Make-Up & Beauty Travel Essentials

August 25, 2015

Today's post is going to be all about my make-up and beauty travel essentials for mainly short breaks away or long weekends away (or if you only wear a few day to day basics on whatever adventure you may be going on). The main reason I decided to create this post is because on Wednesday of this week I'm going for a night away to Thorpe Park. I know I probably sound like a massive kid right now but I haven't been there in years and me and my boyfriend just thought it would be a nice little break away.

Obviously seeing as I'm going to a theme park I'm hardly going to be wearing a lot of makeup anyway, however I will need stuff such as my facial cleanser, make-up wipes and maybe a few makeup essentials.

First of all my number one travel beauty essential is makeup wipes. I know they're not good for your skin but when you're going on a break away it is just so much easier to take a few wipes and just be able to remove your make up quickly after a long day especially if you're not even going to be wearing a lot of makeup to start with. I just stick with the Primark Deep Cleansing Facial wipes as these really are cheap and cheerful and I only use them a few times a month so they last me forever.




My next travel essential is my daily moisturiser. I don't know about you but whenever I go on a mini-break away from home my face always seem to dry out a lot, most probably because of the walking about and the makeup wipe use and just all the other general activities you do to become a bit more touristy, even in your own country. So, moisturiser is a definite must for any trip away. I haven't yet found a moisturiser that I've fallen in love with so I do swap weekly between moisturisers however I feel that they all pretty much do the same job. My go to moisturiser at the moment is Garnier's Moisture Match for dry to very dry skin.

























Another essential of mine would be the Urban Decay Naked Skin BB Cream. When I'm away travelling and having days out where I know my makeup won't last forever or I'll be sweating or there is a chance of rain I just like to stick to a simple BB cream as it contains SPF, it hydrates and also gives a little touch of coverage so it gives me that extra bit of confidence. As well as high-end BB creams there are so many drugstore ones that do exactly the same job such as the L'Oreal BB cream range.




















Next on my list would be a waterproof mascara. I don't know if it's just me or this happens to anyone else but normal mascara just doesn't seem to stick to my lashes? No matter how many coats I manage to cram on in the morning by mid-day I can 97% guarantee that there will only be a a crumbly residue left. It's so frustrating because to put a fair few layers of mascara on and to get my lashes actually looking half decent it does take a while and then within hours I'm back to square one. However, with waterproof mascara I've found that it actually does the job and does what it says on the tube. It stays on my lashes all day without fail and it also gives them a slight uplift and can definitely hold a curl. My waterproof mascara of choice at the moment is Collections Pump Up The Volume.




















My fifth and final travel is dry shampoo. No trip whether its a short or long one is complete without some good old dry hair shampoo. It really is a life saver for those days when you sleep in too late and don't have enough time or for when you're really not bothered to make yourself overly presentable and so in turn just spray some dry hair shampoo in, give it a little brush and chuck it up in a messy bun. I know even when I'm not travelling and I'm just at home I am guilty of doing that a lot. Most probably the typical brand or make of dry hair shampoo but my absolute favourite is the Batiste Dry Shampoo with a hint of dark and deep brown. I just feel like this really doesn't leave your hair feeling ashy and talcum-powder-ish it just blends in nicely and leaves your hair look nice and fresh.




















So there we have it, my top 5 make-up and beauty travel essentials, I would love to hear what you guys considered to be your travel essentials so definitely leave me some suggestions in the comments and I will speak to you soon!

Hannah x

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Loved this post! so handy to know products that are good for traveling!
    Tasha Rose Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pretty much have the same travel essentials, although I can't use face wipes as they make my skin sore and breakout!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe