LA Colours Jumbo Eye Pencil Review - NYX Dupe

November 25, 2016

Hola, 

So today I thought I would write a post reviewing my collection of the LA Colors Jumbo Eye Pencils (for all you English readers thinking I've spelt colour wrong.. I have but, that's because LA Colors is American and that's how they spell it on their packaging). Anyway, I've had these for almost a year now and since I've only recently started blogging again I thought I'd share this treasure I've found with you. These are comparable to the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils and in my opinion they are basically exactly the same just with different names on the packaging. Okay, well maybe I haven't actually tried the NYX ones but from other reviews and comparisons I've read they are almost identical.

Right so, I thought I would give you a quick overview and weigh up the pros and cons and give you a short kind of list instead of a massive paragraph just rambling on and on!

They're basically cream eye shadow sticks and can be used as either bases or as an overall colour on their own. There are so many different colours available and they all range from matte to shimmery shades and some even have flecks of glitter throughout them. They retail at £1 in the UK and I picked mine up from Beauty Base in Westfield although, if you're looking to buy them online then I will have links at the bottom of this posy.

Pros:
  • Affordable price
  • The matte shades and darker shades are extremely long lasting
  • Work great as eye shadow bases
  • They don't crease IF you use a primer
  • Wide range of colours

Cons:
  • They smell of a weird kind of plastic fruit sent (might just be me)
  • The shimmery shades aren't as long lasting as the matte shades





Saltwater


Sunglasses


Vacation


Sun Kissed


Sand Castles


Sea Shells

Cherry Blossom



Colours from left to right: Vacation, Sunglasses, Sun Kissed, Saltwater, Sea Shells, Sand Castles & Cherry Blossom.

Overall, I really love these eye shadow sticks and find myself grabbing for them nearly everyday especially the matte white one as it really helps to make dull eye shadows more vibrant and for the price you really can't go wrong!

If you're interested and would like to purchase any of these then you can find these products listed here and here. Alternatively you can purchase them from Beauty Base stores located around the UK or use their website linked here.

Leave me your favourite eye shadow bases below or let me know if you've tried these and what you think.

Lots of love, Hannah x

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Wow these look super pigmented! I'm loving the look of cherry storm for the inner eyelid to create highlight teamed with a more smokey taupe shade for the base xx


    Jenny | Krystel Couture + Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look quite good considering the price! Thanks for sharing :)

    findyourownhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe